Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Ok, so last night was a rough night. For starters, I didn't get the house picked up by the time Chris got home which isn't a big deal to him but it bothers me. I like him to be able to come home from work and feel like he can rest and relax in a clean house. So that set dinner back about 30 minutes which typically wouldn't be a problem but we were supossed to be going to a piano recital. I started making dinner and realized that I was missing one ingredient. I thought about running over to one of my friends that live near by and asking them if they had what I needed but what I needed was a jalapeno pepper. I don't think most people keep those on hand. So,Chris got home and was going to run to the store to get the jalapeno pepper, well Kailey decided that she could peel herself away from mom for a few minutes and she wanted to go with him...yeah!!! They were headed out the door and Chris accidently shut Kailey's finger in the door. I won't go into detail but there was lots of blood and screaming and puking involved. Puking, you may ask? Kailey has a very weak stomach and any pain usually sets her off. SO after about an hour, she calmed down. Chris asked if he could pray for her and she agreed and then as soon as he was done praying she held her little hand up and said, "Dad, no owys" Oh to have the faith of a little child. She is so brave! I went back to making dinner and looked out of the corner of my eye to see Lauryn dumping over the trash can and put something in her mouth. I quick picked her up and went searching in her mouth for anything (and I do mean anything) that didn't belong there. I saw a partially sucked on cough drop in there but she clamped her jaws shut and swallowed it. Great. So I panicked and called poison control just to make sure she would be ok, cuz it is medicine and the package said to ask a doctor under the age of 5. They assured me that she would probably be fine but she may have some abdominal cramping, vomiting, or diareah. They said to give her some fluid and a piece of bread to help it pass or dissolve quicker. So we did and she was fine but then I found out later that night that usually when you call poison control they give your info and # to child protective services or SRS or somewhere and they call and ask a ton of question a few days later. I know I shouldn't be worried about that but it does make me a little paranoid. SO... that was only my evening from 6-7:30. You can only imagine how bedtime went. It wasn't pretty. But both girls are ok and we have plenty of Dora bandaids to make all of the owy's feel better. And believe it or not I actually got dinner done by 9pm. By that time Chris was so upset about shutting Kailey;s finger in the door he couldn't eat anything. The good news is that we had plenty of left overs for tonight! Oh the joys of being a mommy! I love it!!!