Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Good Read, A Moving Read

I have been disciplining myself to read more than I have been. I love to read but have not been taking the time to do it.

This week I am reading a book written by Henry Blackaby, called Holiness; God's Plan for Fullness of Life. He is discussing 3 truths for God's people; The loss of the fear of God, Seeing sin from God's perspective, and the highway of holiness. This book has stirred me and I have been finding myself falling to my face in true repentance and seeking revival in my life. I am understanding the urgency toward true revival and spiritual awakening in this nation and across the world-for the glory of God. He asks the question, "If revival in America depended on your prayer life, would there be a revival?" If we have to say no, then we have to make the CHOICE to change our prayer life. Our life and our nation is a reflection of the choices we have made. That is one of the reasons why this kind of message has a sense of urgency about it. There is a lot at stake. In fact, eternity is at stake for many in our nation. He says that in our church alone there are enough of God's people-if they are serious with God-to turn the course of our nation. There were only 120 people in the Upper Room who were wholly yielded Jesus (Acts 1:15). God used those 120 people to turn the entire Roman Empire upside down!

So I have been asking myself, and now I ask you- What could God do through your life? Do you sense that America needs the mighty touch of God? Do you believe God could work through your life as he has done with others? Would you be willing to make the kind of choices required by God to be that kind of person? Your responses to these questions will be a reflection of the choices you have made concerning your Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carly,
I'm sorry to not respond in a while :) Praise God that you have found an answer to prayer and that you and your family are fullfilling his calling in your life!
Thank you for your response to my post.
Love & God Bless,
Rene'