Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Psalm 9:1-2

"I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High."

Ok, so yesterday was a really good day. We did absolutely nothing but play outside and sit by the pool all afternoon and most of the morning too! The girls love to be outside as much as possible and they love to play with their friend and neighbor Nevaeh, which works out great because I love to spend time with Nevaeh's mommy, Marietta. They are such an awesome family and they are very special to us! Anyway, Marietta and I were talking about life and how much we have to be thankful for but sometimes we just get an attitude about things. So, interestingly enough (it always works this way) Chris left me a note on the table this morning before he left for work and it was a challenge to read the above scripture and to only THANK the Lord for things today; not asking Him for anything, and to write them down. So I did that! And it was great! Here is what I came up with today but there are so many more...

my salvation
my amazing husband
my girls
family
the Fulk family
sunshine and popsicles
my flowerbed in the backyard
my home
good health
Chris's employment
Weekends
Our new church home
Being a stay at home mom
candles, coffee, and cable tv
prayer
my comfy bed
clean laundry
Chris letting me sleep in on his days off
the sounds of Kailey and Lauryn's laughter
my dishwasher
peace in my heart
selling the dodge van
a working van
chips and salsa
my husbands love
the fact that Jesus is as close as the mention of his name
my dinner china that has been packed up for the last 3 years
sleeping close to my husband
music
lunchables
quiet time

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for this post! I think tomorrow I will focus on what I am thankful for, I have been very "needy" the past few weeks. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea. :)
(And I know I don't leave comments very often, but I do read your blog!)
Love, Lisa