Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pray With Us...



Warning: This post is being written after a long, emotional, sleepless night!
As a mother, I want to take care of my children. I want to prevent anything harmful or scary or bad from happening in their lives. Sometimes I am not able to do that. In many situations it is out of my control.

I am at a point in my life where I am beginning to understand that my children are not my own. They do not not belong to me but to my Loving Father. And I am so thankful for this! I can scramble around trying to do everything I know of to "fix" the problem and it still wouldn't be the perfect solution.It is hard to step back in these situations. This is where my faith needs to kick in on overdrive and I need to place my children at the feet of Jesus.

Recently, as many of you know, Chris was laid off from his job. Well aside from the obvious lack of paycheck, we also lost our health insurance. Many of you also know that Kailey, our almost 4 year old daughter, battles with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She requires 2 shots weekly to help minimize the inflammation and pain of her joints. The medication that she takes also requires her to have lab drawn every other month to ensure that her liver enzymes are not elevated. All of which is not possible while being uninsured. There is more to the story but I will save you from all the details...I say all of this to ask you to pray with Kailey's dad and I. We have applied for assistance but it is hard to say how long the approval process may take. Please pray that Kailey's body will stay strong while we wait on the approval and then please pray that we will be approved.

I know my Jesus will take care of Kailey and will supply our every need. HE has proven Himself to our family many times! Thank you in advance for agreeing in prayer with us. We love you all!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Carly, we are most sincerely standing in faith and agreement with you & Chris!!! I would like to share something with you, honey. Almost 2 years ago, as you know, my husband & I went through a very intense struggle in our lives. I can remember that it seemed like I could recieve no comfort from anyones words...atleast with not any long term effect. And then one day I recieved a gift from my pastor's wife, Carol, that had one sentence written, & it said: "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD" I offer these words to you also, honey, as they were given to me, trusting that you will find comfort, & peace, & rest, in them. I LOVE YOU! Mom

Jennifer said...

i will definitely be praying for you!
please let me know if there is anything i can do to help in any way!
love,
jenn

Lisa said...

I will be praying for you and your family!
Love, Lisa